Sunday, July 12, 2009

Commuting by Bike

For the first time since March 13, I commuted to work by bicycle. It felt pretty good. It was Jeremiah's and my 4th ride (Jeremiah is the name of my new ACL), and it was a pretty good one. Very little pain, just some pressure behind the knee cap, but that is to be expected. I'm being very careful not to push any big gears at all. It's a little hard to granny gear up all hills, but I'm doing it. I'm also having to make sure I drop it into the small ring at all stops. Starting in too big of gear really hurts.

I'm not to the point where I can ride 2 days in a row, but I'm going to try to ride to work a couple of times this week. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You seemed pretty good when I saw you yesterday after getting to work..fancy shoes and all! :) Glad you're on the mend!

Anonymous said...

I'll ride with you. granny gear only. all the way. i got a triple and no miles so its all good. -your friend who's name you are unsure of.